Praying for our Christian family in the Holy Land is central to our work. We have seen plenty of evidence to show that awareness raising, starting through prayer, results in donations of time and money. This in turns results in support to our Christian brothers and sisters in the West Bank Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan, encouraging them and reminding them they are not forgotten.
We have our own FHL prayer which asks for guidance in our work supporting the Chrisitians of the Holy Land. Copies can be requested from our office by email or by ringing 01926 512980.
"Almighty and ever loving Father, we pray for the Christians living in the Holy Land.
Lord, may the light of your love shine down on our Christian brothers and sisters in the Holy Land. In your mercy grant them peace in their land, peace in their homes and peace in their hearts.
We pray for the work of Friends of the Holy Land, that it will bring healing and relief to those most in need. We ask you to guide Friends of the Holy Land and all who support its work by prayer, action and fund-raising.
Help pilgrims to the Holy Land to see the plight of their Christian brothers and sisters, and touch their hearts with compassion and love.
Lord, remember our fellow Christians in their greatest need, and help us not to forget them. Amen."
You can download a copy of the FHL prayer here
FHL Monthly Prayer Calendar
To inspire and engage our supporters to consider how they might pray for Christians in the Holy Land we have created the following themed prayer calendar. Each month we will show you suggested prayers for the current month and the next.
- January The elderly and the sick living in the Holy Land
- February The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the Holy Land
- March A continued Christian presence in the Holy Land
- April Children in the Holy Land
- May Christians in Gaza
- June Communications - raising awareness of the challenges faced by Christians in the West Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan
- July The School of Joy and St Martha’s House
- August The Church and parishes of the Holy Land
- September Christian institutions in the Holy Land
- October Families in the Holy Land
- November Pilgrims visiting the Holy Land
- December Peace in the Holy Land
Prayer for May - 'Christians in Gaza'
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Please pray for the Christians in Gaza:
- For peace in their land and for an end to their uncertainty and fear.
- For the Christian families that they remain strong in their faith and trust in God.
- That the parishes may be centres of peace, love and harmony.
- For the Christian students in Gaza who are supported with grants from FHL and the schools, colleges and university that they attend.
- That they will have access to clean running water and a constant electricity supply.
- For more employment opportunities for young people.For hope of a better future.
Prayer for June- 'greater awareness of the plight of Christians'
“Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.”
Please pray that there will be a greater awareness of the plight of Christians in the Holy Land:
- For the Holy Spirit to create opportunities for FHL to spread their message and encourage support from the Church in the UK.
- That the communications teams in the dioceses will be open to working with FHL to distribute their literature to the clergy and parishes.
- That modern methods of communications will be used effectively to highlight the needs of the Christians in the Holy Land.
- That new sections of the church will hear the message in the coming months.
- That our brothers and sisters in Christ will know that they have not been forgotten by their fellow Christians.