Praying for our Christian family in the Holy Land is central to our work. We have seen plenty of evidence to show that awareness raising, starting through prayer, results in donations of time and money. This in turns results in support to our Christian brothers and sisters in the Ws Bank Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan, encouraging them and reminding them they are not forgotten.
We have our own FHL prayer which asks for guidance in our work supporting the Chrisitians of the Holy Land. Copies can be requested from our office by email or by ringing 01926 512980.
"Almighty and ever loving Father, we pray for the Christians living in the Holy Land.
Lord, may the light of your love shine down on our Christian brothers and sisters in the Holy Land. In your mercy grant them peace in their land, peace in their homes and peace in their hearts.
We pray for the work of Friends of the Holy Land, that it will bring healing and relief to those most in need. We ask you to guide Friends of the Holy Land and all who support its work by prayer, action and fund-raising.
Help pilgrims to the Holy Land to see the plight of their Christian brothers and sisters, and touch their hearts with compassion and love.
Lord, remember our fellow Christians in their greatest need, and help us not to forget them. Amen."
FHL Monthly Prayer Calendar
To inspire and engage our supporters to consider how they might pray for Christians in the Holy Land we have created the following themed prayer calendar. Each month we will show you suggested prayers for the current month and the next.
- January The elderly and the sick living in the Holy Land
- February The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the Holy Land
- March A continued Christian presence in the Holy Land
- April Children in the Holy Land
- May Christians in Gaza
- June Communications - raising awareness of the challenges faced by Christians in the West Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan
- July The School of Joy and St Martha’s House
- August The Church and parishes of the Holy Land
- September Christian institutions in the Holy Land
- October Families in the Holy Land
- November Pilgrims visiting the Holy Land
- December Peace in the Holy Land
Prayer for February - 'The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the Holy Land'
“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.” (Isaiah 42:16)
We thank the Lord that He has enabled FHL to continue to grow and support those most in need in the Holy Land. We thank Him for all the volunteers who have given their time and efforts so lovingly both in the UK and in the Holy Land. We thank Him for the organisations, charitable trusts and individuals who have generously supported our work.
- For the Trustees and Management Committee responsible for the Governance and oversight of the Charity in the UK.
- For the Office staff and volunteers based in Kenilworth.
- For all the voluntary Ambassadors, Diocesan Co-ordinators and Parish representatives in the UK.
- For our hard working supporters who raise funds throughout the year.
- For the Holy Land Committee.
- For Nancy and Reem who staff the Holy Land office and assess the cases.
Prayer for March - 'For a continued Christian presence in the Holy Land'
“When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.”
Please pray for a continued Christian presence in the Holy Land:
- For an increase in interfaith dialogue and understanding.
- For those working towards peace and reconciliation in the area.
- For the Christian institutions working in the Holy Land.
- For our partners in the West Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan, the Anglican Diocese of Jerusalem, The Pontifical Mission of Palestine and Jerusalem, and the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem.
- For the support of more pilgrims to the Holy Land.
- For the parishes and church communities in the Holy Land.
- For more job opportunities for Christian young people.
- For more facilities for Christian families and the elderly