Praying for our Christian family in the Holy Land is central to our work. We have seen plenty of evidence to show that awareness raising, starting through prayer, results in donations of time and money. This in turns results in support to our Christian brothers and sisters in the West Bank Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan, encouraging them and reminding them they are not forgotten.
We have our own FHL prayer which asks for guidance in our work supporting the Chrisitians of the Holy Land. Copies can be requested from our office by email or by ringing 01926 512980.
"Almighty and ever loving Father, we pray for the Christians living in the Holy Land.
Lord, may the light of your love shine down on our Christian brothers and sisters in the Holy Land. In your mercy grant them peace in their land, peace in their homes and peace in their hearts.
We pray for the work of Friends of the Holy Land, that it will bring healing and relief to those most in need. We ask you to guide Friends of the Holy Land and all who support its work by prayer, action and fund-raising.
Help pilgrims to the Holy Land to see the plight of their Christian brothers and sisters, and touch their hearts with compassion and love.
Lord, remember our fellow Christians in their greatest need, and help us not to forget them. Amen."
You can download a copy of the FHL prayer here
FHL Monthly Prayer Calendar
To inspire and engage our supporters to consider how they might pray for Christians in the Holy Land we have created the following themed prayer calendar. Each month we will show you suggested prayers for the current month and the next.
- January The elderly and the sick living in the Holy Land
- February The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the Holy Land
- March A continued Christian presence in the Holy Land
- April Children in the Holy Land
- May Christians in Gaza
- June Communications - raising awareness of the challenges faced by Christians in the West Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan
- July The School of Joy and St Martha’s House
- August The Church and parishes of the Holy Land
- September Christian institutions in the Holy Land
- October Families in the Holy Land
- November Pilgrims visiting the Holy Land
- December Peace in the Holy Land
Prayer for August - 'The Church and parishes of the Holy Land'
“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep.”
Please pray for the Church and the Parishes in the Holy Land:
- For the clergy and leaders of the faith communities that they may be good shepherds protecting and nurturing their congregations.
- That Christians will be allowed to worship in freedom without fear of persecution or attack.
- That the Church will be Christ’s body on earth and share His love with others.
- For young Christians, that they remain strong in their faith and allow the Holy Spirit to guide them in all areas of their lives.
- That the Church in the Holy Land will not be forgotten by their fellow Christians around the world.
- For unity among all Christians.
- That the witness of the Christians in the Holy Land will be an inspiration to others to accept the Gospel message.
Prayer for September - 'Christian institutions in the Holy Land'
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
(1 John 4:7-8)
Please pray for the Christian Institutions in the Holy Land as they witness to God’s love:
- For the Christian hospitals, the doctors and nurses and all who care for the patients. We pray also for the administration and back up staff who support them.
- For the charitable trusts who generously help us to ensure that Christians who are unable to afford the healthcare that they need are given support
- For the Christian schools, their teachers and staff. For their pupils and their families who are struggling to pay for their education.
- For the religious brothers and sisters living in the Holy Land, ministering to the people and looking after the Holy places.
- For all the Christian groups in the Holy Land who provide a service to the local community. May they be strengthened in their faith and affirmed in their ministry.