Praying for our Christian family in the Holy Land is central to our work. We have seen plenty of evidence to show that awareness raising, starting through prayer, results in donations of time and money. This in turns results in support to our Christian brothers and sisters in the West Bank Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan, encouraging them and reminding them they are not forgotten.
We have our own FHL prayer which asks for guidance in our work supporting the Chrisitians of the Holy Land. Copies can be requested from our office by email or by ringing 01926 512980.
"Almighty and ever loving Father, we pray for the Christians living in the Holy Land.
Lord, may the light of your love shine down on our Christian brothers and sisters in the Holy Land. In your mercy grant them peace in their land, peace in their homes and peace in their hearts.
We pray for the work of Friends of the Holy Land, that it will bring healing and relief to those most in need. We ask you to guide Friends of the Holy Land and all who support its work by prayer, action and fund-raising.
Help pilgrims to the Holy Land to see the plight of their Christian brothers and sisters, and touch their hearts with compassion and love.
Lord, remember our fellow Christians in their greatest need, and help us not to forget them. Amen."
You can download a copy of the FHL prayer here
FHL Monthly Prayer Calendar
To inspire and engage our supporters to consider how they might pray for Christians in the Holy Land we have created the following themed prayer calendar. Each month we will show you suggested prayers for the current month and the next.
- January The elderly and the sick living in the Holy Land
- February The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the Holy Land
- March A continued Christian presence in the Holy Land
- April Children in the Holy Land
- May Christians in Gaza
- June Communications - raising awareness of the challenges faced by Christians in the West Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan
- July The School of Joy and St Martha’s House
- August The Church and parishes of the Holy Land
- September Christian institutions in the Holy Land
- October Families in the Holy Land
- November Pilgrims visiting the Holy Land
- December Peace in the Holy Land
Prayer for February - 'The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the Holy Land'
“They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water.” (Isaiah 49:10)
We give thanks that the Lord has guided FHL to support those most in need in the Holy Land for the last nine years. We thank Him for all the volunteers who have given their time and efforts so willingly and lovingly both in the UK and in the Holy Land. We thank Him for the organisations, charitable trusts and individuals who have generously supported our work.
Please pray that the Lord will continue to guide FHL:
- For the Trustees and Management Committee responsible for
the Governance and oversight of the Charity in the UK.
- For the Office staff and volunteers based in Kenilworth.
- For all the voluntary Ambassadors, Diocesan Co-ordinators
and Parish representatives in the UK.
- For our hard working supporters who raise funds
throughout the year.
- For the Holy Land Committee.
- For Nancy and Reem who staff the Holy Land office and
assess the cases.
Prayer for March- 'A continued Christian presence in the Holy Land'
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Please pray for a continued Christian presence in the Holy Land:
- For an increase in interfaith dialogue and understanding.
- For those working towards peace and reconciliation in the area.
- For the Christian institutions working in the Holy Land.
- For FHL’s partners in the West Bank, Gaza, Israel and Jordan; the Anglican Diocese of Jerusalem, The Pontifical Mission of Palestine and Jerusalem, and the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem.
- For the support of more pilgrims to the Holy Land.
- For the parishes and church communities in the Holy Land.
- For more job opportunities for Christian young people.
- For more facilities for Christian families and the elderly.