FHL Monthly Prayer Calendar
October - Families - See prayer below
November - Pilgrims - See prayer below
December – Peace in the Holy Land
January – The elderly and the sick
February – The work of FHL, the team in the UK and in the HL
March - A Continued Christian presence in the Holy Land
April – Children
May – Christians in Gaza
June – Communications - Raising awareness of the challenges facing HL Christians
July - The School of Joy and St Martha’s House
August - The Church (parishes) in the Holy Land
September – Christian institutions in the Holy Land
FHL Prayers for October- ‘Families’
“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.” (Ephesians 3:14-17)
FHL regularly supports 90+ needy Christian families. They receive 500 shekels a month (around £100) to help them with their daily living costs. Many other families are helped with the payment of school, college and medical fees.
We pray for Christian families living in the Holy Land:
- That they will remain strong in their faith and united in love.
- They will have the strength to withstand any tribulations and problems that they encounter.
- Their faith will give them hope for a better future.
- There will be reconciliation within families and that forgiveness, healing and peace will replace conflict and hatred in people’s hearts.
- That we will be united to them through our prayers and they will know that they are not forgotten by their brothers and sisters in Christ.
FHL Prayers for November - 'Pilgrims'
“I rejoiced when I heard them say, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
And now our feet are standing within your gates, Jerusalem.” (Psalm 122:1-2)
A pilgrimage to the Holy Land is a spiritual journey of prayer and conversion. Pilgrims can walk in the footsteps of Jesus and see the places where he preached, healed, suffered, died and rose again. It is also an opportunity to meet the Christians who still live in the land of His birth, and to show them our love and support.
Let us pray:
- That more people will be encouraged to organise and lead pilgrimages to the Holy Land.
- For an increase in ecumenical pilgrimages so that Christians can travel together united in love and faith in Christ Jesus.
- For the safety of pilgrims.
- That the Lord will travel with every pilgrim to the Holy Land and bring them to a deeper faith and trust in Him.
- For more encounters between pilgrims and the local Christian communities.